When you make kebabs and you use bamboo skewers, make sure to pre-soak them in water. This will prevent them from burning when on the braai.
- Pace the chicken in a large mixing bowl and add a glug of sesame oil, a drizzle of peanut oil and enough peanut butter and honey to coat the chicken.
- In a mortar and pestle pound up the coriander and a small handful of pecan and pine nuts until the coriander’s bruised and all the flavours have been released.
- Add the coriander and nuts to the chicken and mix the whole lot together.
- Cover and place in the fridge and leave to marinate for about an hour (or longer).
- Skewer the chicken onto kebab sticks and set aside.
- Bring the temperature of the Ketla up to a moderate heat, and grill the Chicken kebabs, turning them often, until cooked through – about 15 – 20 minutes.
2 Chicken Thigh Fillets, skin off and cubed
Chunky Peanut Butter
Pecan and Pine nuts
4 Kebab Sticks